The barcode functionality must be enabled in openBIS by a group admin (https://labnotebook.ch/index.php/docs/admin-documentation/enable-barcodes/).
To generate new barcodes, go to the Barcodes Generator in the main menu under Utilities.
Users can select:
- The type of barcode to generate:
- Code 128
- QR Code
- Micro QR code
- The number of barcodes to generate
- The layout:
- Split: one barcode per page
- Continuous: several barcodes in one page
- The width of the barcode
- The length of the barcode
After selecting the desired parameters, click the Generate Barcodes button.
When samples are registered, users can scan and assign barcodes to them:
- Go to the Parents section in the sample form
- Click on the barcode icon
- Scan the barcode of the sample
- Click Add Objects
It is possible to use either openBIS-generated barcodes, or existing barcodes (on purchased products, for example).