Currently openBIS offers an integration with the Zenodo data repository (https://zenodo.org/).
This enables data direct data transfer from openBIS to Zenodo. This feature needs to be enabled by a lab manager, who has admin rights for the Settings: https://labnotebook.ch/index.php/docs/admin-documentation/enable-transfer-to-data-repositories/
Create Zenodo Personal Access Token
In order to be able to export data to Zenodo, you need a valid Zenodo account. You also need to create a personal access token. This can be done from the Applications under Settings in Zenodo, as shown below:
Save Zenodo Personal Access Token in openBIS
After creating the personal access token in Zenodo, this needs to be stored in openBIS, with the following procedure:
- Go to User Profile under Utilities in the main menu
- Enable editing
- Add the personal access token from Zenodo
Export data to Zenodo
To export data to Zenodo:
- Go to Exports -> Export to Zenodo under Utilities in the main menu
- Select the data you want to export from the menu
- enter a Submission Title
- Click Export Selected on top of the export form
- You are now redirected to Zenodo, where you should fill in additional metadata information.